The Adventure Begins

Welcome friends!

I am so excited to finally roll out my new blog today.  I've been blogging at Bluebird1959 since 2012.  I've had the itch to make a few changes and, after much thought, an entirely new blog seemed to be my best choice. So....here we go!

Why Far Ago Farm?

When I was growing up, there was a farm on our road with a very long driveway. At the drive entrance, a wooden sign post read "Farago Farm." My entire life, I always believed the inspiration for the farm's name was it's long drive - you know,  far ago. As I considered names for this blog, I mentioned to my husband my plans to name it after that farm.  He actually grew up next to that farm and his family knew the owners.  He wondered why I picked that name. I rolled my eyes. ("Do I really need to explain this honey? ")

Well, it turns out, the owners were Italian and their last name was Farago. Pronounced Fa-Rah-Go.  Wah wah...There went my cute life connection for my blog name, lol!  How did I never know this?

But nonetheless, Far Ago Farm it is. The name fits my decorating style - I've been a farmhouse girl since my first apartment  over 30 years ago.  Oh, I've dabbled in a few other looks over the years but I always find my way back to the cozy comfort of farmhouse - with a dash of current trends thrown in to keep it fresh.  My style is not everyone's cup of tea and far from magazine worthy, but I love decorating my home and sharing it - the good, the bad and the ugly - with you!

I hope you come back often to see what my blog has to offer.  My next post is going to let you know what my blog is NOT going to be and I think you will find it refreshing. It will also include home decor pictures - which is the main focus of this blog!

In the meantime, I am thrilled to offer a giveaway opportunity to kick off Far Ago Farm.


You could win this cute little prize pack. Two sweet, tea towels, cozy fall mug, yummy chocolate cheesecake hazelnut spread and the most adorably delicious turkey cookie from a local bakery. Just a small "thank you" for joining me on this new blogging journey.

Entering is easy!  Simply leave a comment below & become a follower and you are entered (one entry per person please).  The winner will be announced on November 5th on the blog.

That's a wrap for the first Far Ago Farm post. I'm blessed and grateful for your visit today.





Join me here:
Wow us Wednesday
DIY By Design Fall Into Fall
Talk of the Town
Saturday Sparks
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather
Best of the Weekend
Saturday Shuffle
Amaze Me Monday

Comments

  1. What a fun giveaway. I like your story about the farm better than the real one. Happy Halloween Jane! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks Janice. It made sense to me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mothers family were farmers and I always remember visiting the big old farmhouses they lived in. Not an easy life, but jus visiting the farmland, running and playing in the fields was fun for me as a little girl. I love the name for your blog! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryw! I grew up on farm, but I was the youngest of five so I primarily enjoyed the fun part of farm life, rather than the chores. It was an awesome childhood to have.

      Delete
  4. isn't it funny how kids keep ideas in their head i grew up in levittown named after the levitts, our's were nice tract houses maybe 3 or 4 styles, the levitts had this huge estate with keep out signs and a big fence, we would run as fast as we could because we were positive that witches lived there lol, i like your new name and love the towels xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Monkey, I can think of creepy houses in my neighborhood growing up as well, lol! Yours sounds like something out of Hocus Pocus!

      Delete
  5. I look forward to your new blog posts and wish you well. I love the coffee mug and tea towels, a sweet give away

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always enjoyed following your Bluebird 1959 blog and am super excited to read your posts on Far Ago Farm! I immediately connected with the new name and love the story about how you came to choose it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Diva, I'm so glad you have followed me before and even happier that you are joining me at my new place.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to joining you in this journey of your new blog. Anything "Farmhouse" speaks to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m also looking forward to your new blog. You live in my neck of the woods so I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool Chris! I love Wisconsin peeps, lol.

      Delete
  9. Jane, you little sneaky! When I saw Far Ago Farms in my inbox I thought, Oh, cool, a new follower. When I came to your blog I thought the header pic is just wonderful (did you paint it) and as I scrolled down and saw your sweet face, I thought, I know who that is!! I had forgotten you mentioned doing a new blog. Well, I am excited for you and all of us as I always love reading your posts..Hope you had a lovely Halloween..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yep, I'm a tricky one Judy! I'm glad you will be visiting me at my "new place."

      Delete
  10. I have followed your "old" blog and look forward to your new journey. I am a fellow 'Sconnie living near Madison. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always have a special place for my Badger friends Chris. I'm so glad you are a follower!

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to seeing your new blog flourish! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the new blog. Maybe the farm's sign would've said Far To Go if they hadn't been named Farago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I almost wish he hadn't told you about the name. ~smile~ Such a fun misconception.
    Be blessed,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Refresh On The Dining Buffet

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts