Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Hi friends!

I've been thinking about the things that make my house a home and give me all the cozy feels during the cold and sometimes dreary days of winter. I also thought it might be fun to do a little series of posts about them to share with you!

Today let's visit one of all time favorite ways I like to cozy up my home, not just in the winter, but year around - wax melts! 


There are so many things to like about wax melts, but my number one reason I'm a fan is no open flame! No danger of fire, no dirty soot. Don't get me wrong, I love a good candle (and do use them) but yikes, they sure burn dirty and make a mess when used day after day. And of course, the danger of forgetting to extinguish them and the risk of fire.  I do like the smell - or "throw" - of a candle more than a wax melt, but the wax melts are a great alternative!  

Wax melts can be very economical - only a few dollars for a pack that will last you many, many days.

They are easy to find - available at big box stores like Wal-Mart and Target, as well as specialty stores and of course, online. Even Cabela's sells them!

Wal-Mart's better Homes & Gardens line is not only affordable, but has wonderful, long lasting scents. Their fall and Christmas scents are my favorite and I use them year round.


This Tyler brand of wax melts is a favorite too. I use their Kathine scented laundry detergent for our bedding and when I found wax melts in that scent I couldn't buy them fast enough lol. It is such a clean and fresh scent - perfect for bedrooms and bathrooms.
 

Wal-Mart carries Goose Creek melts too. I think it is a newer line for them, but the company has been around for years. I have really enjoyed the Classic Christmas tree scent this season.


If you have not tried wax melts, I highly recommend you give them a try. They really envelop your home with cozy charm. If you are already a fan, please let me know your favorites in the comments below.

I will share my favorite wax warmers soon!

Thanks for stopping by,





Sundays on Silverado

Sunday Sunshine

Love Your Creativity

Happiness is Homemade

Metamorphosis Monday

Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party

Inspire Me Tuesday

You Are The Star

Tuesday Turnabout

Wonderful Wednesday

Comments

  1. I do not do wax melts anymore, but still light my candles this time of year. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wax melts for all the reasons you mentioned. In December, I always do a pine tree scent of some kind, but in January I really love the Yankee Candle cranberry chutney scent. I change up the scent each month for the particular holiday or season. My favorite wax melts are Gold Canyon, but shipping makes them so expensive that I usually go with what I can get at Walmart, which is usually Better Homes & Gardens and Yankee. Visiting from Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. (I'd love to see you share this post at my linkup as well, if you're interested: https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5