Cozying Up For Winter In The Great Room

 Hi everyone! Like most of you,  I have been busily putting away all of the Christmas decor and restoring my house back to normal. Spring is months away though, so I do like to keep a cozy, winter feel with my decor for a few more months. It's 24 degrees as I'm writing this post!

I love post Christmas decor because it is just so simplistic, at least to me. Just a chunky throw or two, some unfestooned cedar or pine greenery, old books. Easy to put up and easy to take down. After all the harvest and then Christmas trimmings, I find the simple, winter decor a welcome break. 




What is cozier than a warm throw, a good book and steamy hot beverage by the fireside?






I kept most of the winter decor as the focal point and on our fireplace mantel. My other winter touch in the room was a cute snowman cookie jar surrounded by winter greenery on a round, wood tray. 


I'm also gearing up for Valentine's Day and am just starting to put out some Valentine's decor. I'm also working on a Valentine's tree. As a new grandma, I just can't resist going "all in" for fun and festive seasonal decor!



I ordered a flocked pencil tree after Christmas and it will add a perfect little Valentine sparkle to our living room corner. I still have more to add to the tree, but I have a goid start already.




I hope you will come back and see the rest of my Valentine's decor. How about you - do you decorate for Valentine's Day and if you do, when do you start?

Thanks for stopping by, 








Join me

Inpire Me Tuesday

Love Your Creativity

All About Home


Comments

  1. Jane, I am so far behind in answering to everybody and I know I have missed some from you but I couldn't wait to say how wonderful winter looks in your beautiful new home. Love the cow painting over the mantel along with the green trees and garland. That is the cutest cup and I need a really big chunky warm throw. They always look so inviting. I love the little tree and it certainly will add some sparkle during the cold winter months. A flocked tree is so pretty and I have never had one..Keep warm and enjoy the winter in your beautiful home..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy spot by the fireplace to enjoy a nice warm beverage and read a good book! So love your fireplace and your chair looks so comfy too! I actually took our flocked tree at the gift shop and just added paper hearts with the lights. A festive way to keep the tree up.Love yours too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane! Oh, this is a lovely cozy room! Happy New Year to you and here's to a new year of blogging with you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so cozy Jane in your new house. Love Mrs. Cow up there on the mantel. So sweet. Happy Wednesday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your home, Jane. It is the perfect winter retreat--especially the fireplace with the great chair for winter sitting! I love warm throws, too, this time of year. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness Jane, I would build a fire and never leave that chair!!! Wonderful balance on your mantel...I think symmetry is highly overrated, lol. Looks Great! Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5