Let's Start At The Beginning


Welcome friends!

I'm so excited to finally get this blog up and running. After a few introductory type posts, it's time to get to decorating.  When I began thinking of what I should share first, I had a few ideas. The one that made the most sense was to start at the beginning.

So, here is a photo of our home from early May of this year.  We built our house in 2001, a simple and classic saltbox style. We would have loved a front porch, but it just wasn't in the financial cards at the time. I've always loved the saltbox style, so porch or not, I was delighted with our new home.


Fast forward 17 years later, we had the opportunity to completely redo our front entry and driveway this past summer. Here you see our front patio and sidewalk removed, with just the concrete stoop remaining. Beautiful things happened to this old stoop.


Our contractor was able to save our daughter's signature and  handprint from our original driveway. He worked it into a little side patio off of our garage. So happy we saved this treasure! I love it so much.

Here's the full view - isn't it cute?


And now back to the front yard! We installed a pretty front patio.Our contractor covered over our existing concrete stoop with pavers. My favorite part of the redo! I've dreamt of a brick stoop since  we first built the house. We added the window boxes - they will be so much fun decorating for the seasons.


Another teaser of our finished entry area. The stone wall has such a presence. It really makes our simply shaped house shine.


A night view of the entry. I'm not going to lie, it is very charming at night. This was after a rain showrr.


 We have a new front door scheduled for installation just before Thanksgiving. That will be the finishing touch of our front re-do. I will share that and additional views of the front once it is all decked out for Christmas.

I hope you all are enjoying this November weekend. Can you believe Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away?

I'm blessed and grateful for your visit today.


Join me here:
Saturday Sparks
The Scoop
Talk of the Town
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
Wine's Down Wednesday
Fall into Fall
Dishing It and Digging It
Wow us Wednesday

Comments

  1. How sweet to be able to save the memento of your daughters hand print and signature. Beautiful stonework and a lovely refresh to the entry of your home. I look forward to following your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is so beautiful Jane. What a great re love of your front. Love that Palmer loves it too!!! That is so great they could save your daughters handprint and signature to be put back into the side patio. I cannot wait to see more. I am loving your new blog name and layout. Happy Sunday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! We're in the middle of a kitchen reno right now, and your finished product encourages my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful redo, and so happy you were able to save your daughters handprint. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I love this area you created. It's such a beautiful patio. I love that you were able to save your daughter's hand print.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5