Neutral Zone

Welcome friends!

Our house has been going through a transformation the last year or two.  We've done quite a bit of remodeling inside, along with several large outdoor projects.

All of this time making design decisions has lead me to contemplate the look and feel I want for our home.  I think I've really honed in on my style.  It really hasn't changed much over the years - I love vintage, farmhouse and color, but I think my "design eye" has improved.


You can see my love of color here at my old blog, Bluebird1959. Unfortunately, my living room furniture you see in that post was an impulse decision and while cozy, it was very hard to decorate around and it was just too bold for our recently empty nest.

I lived with it for many years, but I am happy to say I am fortunate enough to have recently purchased a new sofa and two leather chairs in a neutral (to me) color. I found a taupe-brown sofa that is cozy, yet simple. I think it could "go" with many color schemes.  For now, I'm going for browns, creams and lamb's ear green.


I've been longing for a place to hang this vintage picture for over a year now.  It hung in my mom's kitchen for as long as I can remember and I've always loved it.  The winter scene is especially apropos considering all of the winter weather we have been having in Wisconsin this season!














In this last picture, you get a glimpse of our new front door. It's hard to get a good pic of it because of all of the glass, but I will keep trying and eventually share. It's beautiful!


Anyway, I'm still working on the rest of our living room and hope to show the new neutral space in its' entirety soon. Have a wonderful week!

I'm blessed by your visit today,
Join me here:

Comments

  1. I like your stule. you gave me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Jane. Really comfortable and cozy...just the way a WI house should look this time of year. I am glad you found a place for your mom's picture. it looks perfect there.

    I hope you have a good night. The plow finally went through here so we can get out if we have to. John is on call tonight (chaplain) so I hope he doesn't get called in.
    Have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful mix of vintage, farmhouse and prim. Looks good Jane! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the header you have at the top of your blog. What a beautiful picture! #ImpartingGrace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great. Found you from Nana Diana's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Refresh On The Dining Buffet

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts