Goodbye Golden Oak Doors

Hello sweet friends!

My camera is still giving me grief, so I am resorting to using my phone for pics.  I thought about waiting until this camera issue is resolved, but I want to keep up with my blogging. So...I apologize for some not so great photos.

Okay, with that detail out of the way, here is what has been going on this week at my house:  We had our original golden oak, flat panel doors replaced on our second floor.  Last year, we replaced the doors on our first floor and then gave our finances a recovery break, lol.  

Here is a before photo.  When we built our house in 2001, the finish was called cider.  It was very pretty, but over time the reddish brown morphed into a very orange, Bozo the Clown  color. 



Our upstairs hall is dark, small and hard to photograph.   However, you can see the beautiful paneled, English oak doors we had installed.  They are so beautiful and make our house feel brand new again.




I will need to gel stain the wall capper to match the new doors.

The most wonderful part of the new doors is the custom door we had made for our guest bath.  I have wanted a vintage door with a window for this bathroom for as long as we have lived here.  That never came to be, but that's okay!  This door with frosted privacy glass is the bomb.com and everything I hoped for in a door for this room. The glass just glows in the hallway at night when the light is on. It's very charming.




This special door called for special hardware and after a lot of searching, I found this gorgeous reproduction handleset.  I think it is such a beautiful complement to the door.



The rest of the doors in our house have these handlesets.  I love the square backplate...it's a simple, yet  special design detail.


It's been an exciting week at our house and I have to pinch myself to remind me we really made these changes, lol.

This weekend is supposed to be super hot and sticky, so I'll be sequestering myself to our basement.  I'm trying to do a super purge of all of our (my) junk and I'm about half through sorting through it all. Hoping to finally finish in the next few days.  What are our weekend plans?

Thanks for stopping by,

Join me here:
Grace at Home

Comments

  1. JANE!!! I know you!!! I'm Linda! Where have you been? Or how have I been missing you?? I LOVE your doors! But most of all - I LOVE connecting with you again!! I'm going now to see your past posts and what I have missed! Let's keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doors look great. I love your bathroom door too. It is charming. Happy Friday. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmm, loving the old panel door look. I know what you mean about changing out doors, we did the same with all wood doors a few at a time, as we redid the trim in the whole house. I don't remember how long it took, but it is nice to have them all done. Again, totally love the hardware, and the doors! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, those doors are just beautiful and the hardware is gorgeous. What a wonderful transformation..Stay well and Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doors look GREAT, Jane, and I love your hardware choices, too. Our RV has all oak which is kind of an 'orangish' color and I would love to paint it...if I can find the ambition to tackle it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color you chose for your doors is perfect. Love those door knobs too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Refresh On The Dining Buffet

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts