New Home Whole House Color Scheme

Hi friends!

Our upcoming move from Wisconsin to Kentucky has meant a lot of packing and purging. It also has caused me to think long and hard about what I want to take with me and also how we would like to style our new home.

When staging our current house for sale, I really stripped the rooms to the bare bones in an effort to appeal to as many potential buyers as possible.  Our master bedroom (from our listing photos) below ended up so fresh, yet so welcoming.  It still is a little empty for my personal taste, but I loved how the staging turned out.  It also has led me to a decision on my whole house color scheme.

I really like the idea of a whole house color scheme. It gives such a cohesive feel to a home and also allows furnishings/decor to be interchangeable between rooms. For most of our married life, my color scheme has been burgundy/gold/green/rust. I really love those colors. In the last few years, I worked those colors into my whole house color scheme and enjoyed the ability to change things up just by "shopping" my house.

Our new house is an open concept - a stark contrast to our traditional salt box home.  I think I need to be much more intentional with my decor and a more subtle color scheme is in order. 




I love the neutral tones in our current master bedroom, the combo of dark stain and white paint and the different shades of green - from the plaid throw, sage & olive pillows to the greenery and olive side tables.  

So, my whole house color scheme will be a mix of soft neutrals, greens and wood tones. Our interior walls are being painted Crushed Silk throughout, with white ceilings and trim. 



PPG Crushed Silk

Love this green by Joanna Gaines and I will be using it (as well as wide range of greens) in accessories and textiles.


Magnolia Home Regal Leaf


The floor below will be installed throughout every room of our house. I think this will really add warmth to the lighter tones of the walls, woodwork and kitchen cabinets.


https://www.armstrongflooring.com

I will be ordering two of the pretty green checked chairs for our kitchen sitting area.  Our table and cabinets are white, so this pop of color will add some coziness and warmth to the room. They could easily be used in our master bedroom and home office as well. 



https://www.amazon.com

I have ordered this pretty green throw to toss on our creamy neutral living room furniture.


https://www.amazon.com

I used some Christmas cash to buy my first ever Kitchen Aid in this pistachio green. It will be a colorful touch in our all white kitchen. I'm also looking forward to mixing up cookie dough with our grandson some day!
https://www.kitchenaid.com

This chenille bedding really spoke to me and I think it will be a pretty look in our master bedroom.



https://www.amazon.com

I've owned these gorgeous Pioneer Woman dinner plates for a few years and am still completely smitten with them.  I used them for display in our Wisconsin house, but they will be our every day dishes in Kentucky. 


https://www.walmart.com

I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my whole house color scheme plan.  Having a more neutral scheme will allow me to plug in different colors throughout the seasons. I know my beloved burgandys/reds will work their way in here and there.  

I hope to have some pictures of the exterior of our new house to share with you very soon. I think it will surprise you!

Thanks for stopping by,


Joining these link parties:
























Comments

  1. Your home will be looking so fine once completed Jane! I am not a fan of green antiques, but do love the color when I see it in others homes. All of my walls are a neutral color except our bedroom which is a colonial blue. If I did not spend so much money on my red and blue antiques, I might think about changing to green myself. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice!I pretty much like every color antique, lol.

      Delete
  2. I love all your choices Jane. I know your new home is going to be so pretty. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! I'm getting antsy to start decorating. About nine more weeks to go!

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love your color choices. I have been smitten with green for a long time but also like the soft blues. I have some pieces of the Pioneer Woman's green wares, too, and love them. I never get tied of it. I think the bedroom looks great and I have really cut out a lot of the 'decorating items' I used to use all the time. I am anxious to see what your new place looks like. I am so out of the loop that I didn't realize you were moving! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like so many colors I need more than one house. Hubby says no lol. Can you imagine? Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Jane, I think you are making such beautiful and smart choices. I wish I was working on a new house (don't let the Cottage hear me). Neutral colors and that Joanna green will be so beautiful together. You can have a very festive home during any holiday as they will go with everything. Love those dishes. They look like depression glass. All so exciting..Happy June..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Christmas decor will definitely be cheery! I love the vintage look of those Pioneer Woman plates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O like your selections - our master has been green for a long time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Refresh On The Dining Buffet

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts