New House/New Vibe


 Hi friends!

When we began our new home building  process, I really thought I would stay with my tried and true color palette of golds, deep reds and greens.  I have rarely strayed from those colors in the last - gasp! - thirty nine years.  However, as I have been packing and paring down, I had a bit of change come over me and will be going for a simpler look. 

I will be keeping many of my antiques and vintage decor, but I am going for a softer background and a more calming color scheme.  I am fortunate enough to be replacing some of our existing decor with new pieces - moving furniture cross country is pricy, so buying new made sense and I also sold quite a bit at our moving sale to help cover some of the new furniture costs. 

Below I've included some of the new furniture we have on order.

I chose the Harleson  sofa and chair and a half with ottoman for our living area.  Instead of the loveseat, we have two existing chairs we are bringing with us. I am not a fan of the pillows but they will be easy to change out. This wheat, linen look sofa is totally different color wise than any I have ever had. I think it still looks quite cozy! We typically sit in our easy chairs when watching tv and, since it is just the two of us, I think keeping it clean won't be an issue. We do have a dog, but Palmer never goes on the furniture thankfully. He is a 96 pound big boy, so he would trash a white sofa in no time! 





Before we get too far, the entire house interior will be painted this color - Crushed Silk. I am not 100% sold on this color, but our builder gave very few options and most of them were gray. Gray is beautiful for others, just doesn't work for me. I am hoping we love the color we ultimately chose.



I fell in love with this chenille bedspread for our bedroom and I'm really looking forward to putting that room together.  We have a rustic, chippy white headboard and I think they will partner beautifully together.




I originally had found a beautiful green and wood dining table and chairs that I lusted after all winter long.  Unfortunately, it is out of stock on every website and unlikely to come in stock any time soon. So, it was back to the drawing board! I found this Bolanburg dining set as a plan B and I think it will be just perfect. A little formal, a lot farmhouse which should fit our space just right!


The last new piece is this Bolanburg console table.  I have an existing console table I'll be using behind our sofa, but this one will be used in our foyer and will help tie in with the other white pieces.

The floor throughout will be luxury vinyl plank Tuckahoe Hickory South Creek Brown. I am super excited to have an easy to clean, carpet free home! We will soften things up with area rugs.  


So there you have it - the "bones" of our house. I do have an accessory color scheme planned, but...

I will share that another day! 😁






Joining in these parties:

                               Inspire Me Tuesday

Comments

  1. Oh Jane what a lovely new color scheme you are going with. I went out of my comfort zone of blues and reds in my new kitchen reno and am loving it too. Well there is still a bit of blue involved, but sometimes change is good! I love your new furniture too. Looks so cozy!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new furniture for your new home looks beautiful. Very comfy and stylish. Love all your choices. I know you are getting excited as you see the home getting closer and closer to completion. Happy packing and purging. This is the hard part but once it is done you will be so happy in the new place. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, you are making some beautiful changes. I love all your choices. I think you are so smart going with a pretty neutral color scheme. You can always bring in the brighter colors with accessories. I am too far into the game to do that now, but I regret some of my choices. This is so exciting and I am as anxious to see it all as, I bet, you are..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5