Autumn Mantel

Hi friends!

Just popping in to show a quick glimpse of our fall mantel before it gets the Christmas treatment. I really loved how it turned out.  


Our sconces just make my heart go pitter pat - the long Edison bulbs give off such a cozy glow.  I think they are modern and farmhouse all rolled into one.  I love light fixtures and I really put a lot of time and effort into finding just the right lights for this house - within our budget of course! 

Many years ago, when we built our first house (1988) our builder handed us a lighting catalog to choose our light fixtures from. This was before internet and the catalog didn't have prices listed. Well, weren't we surprised to find out the lighting estimate came to over $10,000! To put things in perspective, the entire house & lot came to just over $85,000. Obviously, we must have some expensive taste, lol. So back to the drawing board we went and found fixtures within the $1,000 allowance the builder had given us. I remember splurging on our fireplace sconces - $100 each. When we sold that house, they were the first thing the new owners changed, lol. I thought they were beautiful! 😋


For this house, we supplied & installed most of the lighting fixtures.  I swear the fixtures included by the builder are the most hideous they could find, lol. We had the option to upgrade, but after doing an internet search, the upgrade would be twice what we could buy them on our own .Fortunately, it was just four fixtures. We have already replaced the kitchen pendants and will eventually replace two bathroom fixtures. 




 I've been taking down most of my fall decor. I had planned on keeping it up until Thanksgiving, but I've got that Christmas itch. It's our first Christmas in our new home and our first Christmas as grandparents, so I kind of want to pull out all of the stops! Christmas has been tough for me since my mom passed on Christmas Day 2017, but our new grandson has renewed my joy for the season. He has been a great reminder of all of life's blessings.

Anyway, I am starting with our master bedroom decor and will be sharing soon! 






Join me at these lovely parties:

All About Home

Metamorphosis Monday

Comments

  1. Your fireplace sconces are beautiful. You would think builders would get great prices on fixtures to pass on to their buyers! Glad you can replace the ones from the builder with much prettier lights. Your new home is looking so pretty and cozy. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have a new mantel...and dress everything for the holidays. I hope you make many new memories here, and love the stone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifu Autumn mantle Jane. I know when I sold my last home, I had Tennessee sandstone on the fireplace. Very expensive. New owners took it down and put up a plain red brick and got rid of the bookcase on either side. Of well. Everyone had their own taste. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, you fireplace is just beautiful. You must be so proud of your new home. Love that cow pic..Happy Monday my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Refresh On The Dining Buffet

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts