Cozy Christmas Outdoor Space

 Hi friends! 

Whew...can you believe Christmas is just a few days away? Are you ready?! Our Christmas celebration is small this year now that we live in Kentucky, but I've still been busy preparing for our family of five.  I have some baking and meal planning to do, but things are fairly under control. I don't know though, there is always that last minute time crunch I'm sure I will be feeling soon. Ha!

I thought I'd share with one of our favorite places in our new house. We don't really know what to call it, but the builder refers to it as outdoor living. It just doesn't roll off the tongue, so if you have any suggestions of what to call it, let me know in the comments please!

Whatever name it goes by, we absolutely love it, so without further ado, come take a little tour around our outdoor living space all decked out for Christmas.


We love having morning coffee by the fire or watching Sunday football with a steaming mug of hot chocolate. It's very cozy this time of year.


Pardon the leaves on the floor - they float in here pretty regularly.


We've used our furniture from our old house out here, but are looking for a sectional or two outdoor sofas to replace the love seat and two chairs. We need something more conducive to hanging out, watching movies, etc. and to accommodate more than just a few people.





The McCloskey's sign is from an old northern Wisconsin resort my husband's family would visit every summer while growing up. When the owner's had a new sign made, they gave my husband's family this one. It hung in my father in-law's office for decades and now we have been the keepers of this nostalgic treasure. You can see we had a little dusting of snow when this picture was taken. I think that's as close to a white Christmas as we are going to get in Kentucky this year!

Thanks for stopping by today. I know you are all busy preparing for the holidays, so I truly appreciate your spending some time with me.






Join me here:

Grace at Home

Inspire Me Monday

Inspire Me Tuesday

Metamorphosis Monday


Comments

  1. You have a very nice porch room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous extra space....Really and Outdoor Room! Perfect for entertaining, or watching the birds at breakfast. Love the quilt on the couch, too. You really have a lovely home, down there in KY!!Happy Holidays, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful space Jane. How nice to sit outside to watch the football games and enjoy the beautiful view. Glad you were not in the path of the bad weather. Have a good week as we wind on down to Christmas. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely it looks as if you brought the outside in I would love to sit and visit a while thanks for sharing such a wonderful idea
    Come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish we could have an outdoor room. SO thankful the tornadoes did not affect you. I was not sure what part of Kentucky you were in and was worried about you. A wonderful setting to be with the fireplace lit. I can see roasting marshmallows or having coffee r hot chocolate.. or maybe a drink or two. I know you will enjoy your new space. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jane. What a beautiful and warm space to celebrate the season. Your home is just beautiful. I wish for you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with your family..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5