Den Tour & Drapery Reveal

 Hi everyone!

If you read my last post, you know I had hoped to take a (very) inexpensive (& too short) pair of drapery panels from Amazon and customize them to work in our new den (home office). This post will show you how they turned out as well as give you a look see of the room.  As always, thank you so much for stopping by my little blog!  Now heeeerrreee  we go!


A picture of the bottom hem with hot glued trim added.  The six inch fringe gave just the right length to my once too short drapes. 



Here they are in all of their glory - what do you think? 


This is my husband's den, so it is filled with things he likes such as golf, horses and fishing! The center picture is from a race run at Turfway Park in Florence, KY from the early 1990's. Our daughter and sil found it rolled up in their attic rafters when they bought their KY house and gifted it to us for Christmas 2020, a few weeks after we also had decided to move to Kentucky. We had it framed and love it for so many reasons. 


I am obsessed with this blue and green color combination in this room. I originally had pictured this chair in my kitchen, but I love it in our den.


The cute clock on the bottom shelf of the green table was found by my brother when he was just ten or so at an automobile salvage yard. My dad was looking for a part for our car, when my brother spotted this giant wind up alarm clock and they brought it home for my mom. Love this little piece of our family history.




This den gets a lot of heavy use, so it is not a stylistic masterpiece! I decided to keep it real for you all and show you it warts and all.





And the reason we sold our home and moved from the only zip code either of us had ever lived in - our sweet, now almost eleven month old grandson!


What a blessing it is to be a short drive from that little guy and his parents!  We have loved every second in Kentucky!  Of course, we miss our Wisconsin family and friends, but our hearts are here in Kentucky for sure.




Thanks for stopping by,







Join me:

Comments

  1. Jane your grandson is adorable and I totally know you are beyond happy. Family is so important and for you to be in his life is going to be the best. I love the trim added to the drapes it looks fabulous. Your husbands office space/den is amazing. I bet he loves his space very much. Happy Weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very expensive and perfect! For my living room curtains I used throws that looked primitive. One does what one needs to do. Your grandson is such a cutie too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jane, the curtains turned out beautifully. What a wonderful room for your hubby. Everyone needs a room of their own. The time you spend with grandkids is the most special time there is. We, for some reason, although we enjoyed the process of being a parent, it can't compare to the time with a grandchild..Happy Weeks to you..xxoJudy. I hope to be back soon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drapery panels look great! I love your solution--and this room looks so good. I also think your grandson is a cutie, and I know a cute little boy when I see one!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5