Spring Refresh On The Dining Buffet

Hi y'all! The weather sure has been a rollercoaster here in Northern Kentucky this spring. We've had days near 80 and days in the 40s and every thing in between - often on the same day. Ha! Just when I feel spring is here, we get a frost warning. How are things in your neck of the woods? 

Today was chilly and breezy, so a cozy candle was in order. The cool temps put me in nesting mode, so today was a decorating day.


Despite the up and down temps, spring is definitely on the way. I've taken down all the Easter decor and decided to work on adding some warm weather touches around the house. 

I started with a little rearranging of our dining area buffet cabinet. 



I've had this rooster lamp from Kirklands for a few years now and always keep it in this antique basket.


I'm planning on replacing this sign I bought at Hobby Lobby years ago, but haven't found quite the right piece. It used to hang in the foyer of our old house and when we moved to this house it fit the space but truthfully, I never cared for it in this spot.  I finally figured out what look I want - now I just need to find it. I'm getting close! The "welcome" sign will get a happy new home with my daughter.



I just picked up this very heavy green metal bowl at an Ohio antique mall. I think it looks so cute holding some china pieces. The little creamer was a $1 St. Vincent DePaul find.







Come back soon for more spring decor inspiration.

I appreciate your visit!
Join me:




Comments

  1. My family lives in West Ky and winter is dying a long death this year. They decorate for the warmer season too. I traveled and worked in Kenosha for several years - loved the St. Vinnie store. Found a 4 place setting of my Christmas dishes for $4.00. Love the roosters and that green basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your style, so pretty and welcoming.
    Visited you via All About Home Link Party #193
    If not already part of SSPS, this is a personal invite to hop over and come and share your posts with us at Senior Salon Pit Stop, every Monday to Saturday.
    See my entries: 92+93 and then navigate to the bottom of my page for the Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup, we hope to virtually meet you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are under a frost warning too this evening. Loving your rooster touches! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay!! I may be showing my age but I just connected JANE with Far Ago Farm! I do love reading your posts and following you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, I'm popping over to say hello after you left a sweet comment about your Speed Queen on my blog. What a beautiful home you have! I adore all your spring touches and that checked chair in the corner is dreamy!! We clearly have very similar taste. I can't wait to visit again!! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts