Foot Stool For A Cozy Corner

Hi y'all!

I wanted to share a little foot stool re-do I did the other day. I have a cozy corner set aside in my kitchen where I drink my morning coffee, read my devotional, chat on the phone, etc. I do like to prop my feet up from time to time and I've been searching for a small stool. After not having any luck - for quite awhile - at the thrift stores or antique shops, I let my fingers do the walking and found one on Amazon.  

Let's take a stroll over to my kitchen corner, shall we?


I really love my pretty green check chair, also an Amazon find. However, the foot stool I purchased had upholstery that really didn't go with the vibe of our home. I knew when I bought it I would be giving it a makeover.


Changing upholstery fabric on a stool or a chair cushion is so easy and affordable that you could change it for the seasons practically! In my case, I was thinking a bit more  long term and chose a gorgeous, copper rust chenille from Hobby Lobby. It was only $10.99 a yard and I only needed one fourth of a yard to re-do my foot stool. I couldn't believe the great price and it wasn't even on sale!


After removing the top from the base with a cordless drill, I pulled out a zillion staples and removed the existing fabric to reveal the foam padding/backer board. I then cut my fabric to size and started stapling. I like to put one staple on each side to start, pulling the fabric as I go. I continue stapling around the sides, again making sure to pull the fabric taut with each additional staple. When I got to the edges, I decided to simply crease it in the center and stapled that piece down. You can also pleat the corner for a more professional look, but this time creasing worked just fine.


And ta da! Here is the finished project. Isn't it just darling? Not only does it provide a spot to prop your feet, it also brings in the rust color which is one of my accent colors in our house.

This is such a fun and easy project, especially for beginners. You can really transform an old stool or chair for very little time, money and effort!


 Thanks so much for stopping by!


Sources:
Hobby Lobby Rust Chenille Upholstery Fabric - not available online

Join me here:

Comments

  1. You did a marvelous job on that stool! The color you chose is perfect with your chair and also perfect for Fall. I have one that I have been pondering doing a hooked rug on it. Will see. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jane...golly when doing your posts, highlight all the text and change it all to LARGE...this was so hard to read, and even enlarging the page isn't working. I really want to read about your project. HUGS, Sandi It's fun to see how a small thing can really change a room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makeover, Jane! Love the tutorial and love the way it goes with your dreamy green checked chair. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5