2024 Will Be Enough

 Hi y'all!

Happy New Year to all of you! 

I've been thinking a lot about the new year and all the usual resolutions and expectations we all tend to set for ourselves with a 365 day clean slate presented to us each January 1st. 

As the Christmas season unfolded, I also have been thinking about the pressures and expectations we tend to put on ourselves to make the Christmas experience "perfect."   We craft, we decorate, we bake, we entertain, we buy and yet, it never seems enough.

Social media has a lot to do with this feeling of not doing or being enough. I noticed in so  many blogs and vlogs this past season, where the creators would constantly  apologize that "I need to repaint this room, our Formica countertops need to be replaced, we ran out of time to install new floors, the curtains are all wrong" and on and on and on. Nearly every post or video proclaims some embarrassment or disclaimer that their home was just not quite good enough. Yet, there homes were beautiful and their decor was lovely! It kind of made me sad and it also made take a look inward. Am I guilty of saying that or feeling that way?

Indeed, I am. I am very much that person when it comes to my home. I often cannot see the forest through the trees. I go through many holidays thinking my home is just so so and next year I'll surely do better. Years later, I will look back at my decor pictures and don't even remember my house looking so nice. My feelings of "not enough" had stolen my joy of decorating in the moment. This not enough way of thinking also keeps me from posting on my blog - "oh, I'll post when I get a different chair or paint this or that" or whatever. And so, my blog goes dormant for months and months. And months.

So as I dive into the new year, I have - like many others do - chosen a word to define what I want to incorporate in 2024. That word, for me, is "enough." I am going to try to not apologize for what I don't have or what isn't perfection in my life. I am going to accept and embrace that doing the best I can each day is enough. 


As I look at our Christmas tree today,  stripped of it's many ornaments, picks and ribbons, I still see such beauty in it's simplicity. Even without all the glitz and glamour, it is enough. And so, as we turn the page on the first day of 2024, I want to remind you and I, that we are enough. No apologies needed!

Thanks for stopping by, 






Join me at a party or two:

Metamorphosis Monday

You Are The Star

Happy Now

Inspire Me Tuesday

Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party

Comments

  1. Enough is an awesome word for 2024.
    I have never participate in this feature to select a word, but if I did, I will say enough for me will be a great word as well. We have scaled down dramatically when we moved a year ago and then (enough) of this and that also played a huge role in our move as we downscaled to about a 1/4 of what we had and I am still happy that we have enough of what we need.
    I visited you via God’s Growing Garden: You're the STAR - Week#3 FAMILY (January 2024)
    My links: 87+88. It would be awesome if you care to share this with us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find it under BLOGGING

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Weather Cozy

Cozy Winter Favorites: Wax Melts

Homespun Holiday Countdown Day 5